If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
- Man Port Devices Drivers
- MAN Port Devices Driver
- Man Port Devices Driver License Test
- Man Port Devices Driver Updater
In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
Virtual COM Port (VCP) VCP drivers are installed to configure the cable as a Virtual COM Port in Windows. When configured as a VCP, the USB to serial converter cable will appear as a COM port in Device Manager or other applications that connect to the COM port, e.g. The port will appear as COM3, COM4, etc. Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers cause the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC. Application software can access the USB device in the same way as it would access a standard COM port.
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
Man Port Devices Drivers
- The package provides the installation files for FTDI USB Serial Port Driver version 2.12.26. If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various.
- Features of the Active USB-COM Port Driver 1.Features: The USB device can be removed from the PC USB Port while the application opens the Serial Port with which the USB; device is connected. (It will be kept opening when the USB device is plugged into the USB Port again.) The Virtual Serial Port is always existed on PC even if USB device is.
2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
6. Click 'Have Disk'
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About Keyboard Driver:
MAN Port Devices Driver
Install the proper keyboard software and your system will be able to recognize the device and use all available features. This will also make it possible for owners to configure additional hotkeys.
In case additional keyboard accessories are connected, this step can also improve the bundle’s overall stability and compatibility, as well as performance.
Therefore, if you wish to install this release, simply make sure that your computer OS is supported, save the package, extract it if necessary, run the available setup, and follow the on-screen instructions for a complete installation.
Man Port Devices Driver License Test
Bear in mind that, even though other platforms might be compatible, we do not recommend applying this software version on configurations running under OSes other than the specified ones.
That being said, if you consider applying the present version, download and install the package. Also check with our website whenever you can, in order to stay up to speed with latest releases.
Created on: 27 March 2014
Man Port Devices Driver Updater
US232R cables from FTDI Chip allow a RS-232 serial port to be added to a PC via the USB port.
RS-232 ports can be very useful for connecting a PC to embedded systems and other electronic devices such as the Raspberry PI.
These USB to serial RS232 Converters need to have drivers installed when using the converters in Windows.
This article shows how to download and install drivers for the converter cables.
Windows 8 and a US232R-100 model converter cable are used as an example in this article, but other cable models and other versions of Windows will operate in a similar way.
Using the cables in Linux will usually not require drivers to be installed. The article on connecting a Raspberry PI board to a Linux computer using a USB to serial port converter cable shows how to connect to the cable's serial port using minicom on a Linux PC.
Downloading and Installing the Drivers
This video shows how to download and install the VCP (Virtual COM Port) drivers in Windows 8:
Virtual COM Port (VCP)
VCP drivers are installed to configure the cable as a Virtual COM Port in Windows.
When configured as a VCP, the USB to serial converter cable will appear as a COM port in Device Manager or other applications that connect to the COM port, e.g. the port will appear as COM3, COM4, etc.
Terminal emulator software can connect to the converter cable by selecting the correct COM port in the software.