The package provides the installation files for RIM BlackBerry Smartphone Device Driver version 18.104.22.168 In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps): 1. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel) 2. HUAWEI Mobile Broadband Drivers for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Yoga 14, Yoga 460.
As we move towards a fully connected world, inundated with intelligent devices and massively distributed computing infrastructure, networks that can sustain high bandwidth have never been more relevant. Initial requirements for a 5G network project peak data rates in the order of 10s of gigabits per second. The gaming and the video streaming applications continue to push the frontier seeking a higher throughput and lower latency data path. In addition, the new breed of developers necessitates a simpler driver model that offers agility and greater reliability.
The Windows core networking team has been hard at work building a new, simpler network driver model. Introducing NetAdapter Class Extension using Windows Driver Framework(WDF) and an updated data path, for the next generation of networking on Windows.
NetAdapter Class Extension(NetAdapterCx)
NetAdapter class extension(NetAdapterCx) module to the Windows driver Framework can be used to write a driver for the network interface card. NetAdapter brings with it a simpler, easy to use driver model that offloads complexities to WDF and offers improved reliability. Initial focus for this model is on consumer devices with mobile broadband network adapters paving the way for adoption in Ethernet
The Ethernet protocol is based on a topology where all Ethernet endpoints can talk to all endpoints and each endpoint listens to all packets but...
NOTE: WDF allows developers to implement simple and robust drivers. It has been the model of choice for most Windows driver developers because it abstracts away a lot of complexities such as interacting with the PnP, power and power policy subsystems.
Deriving from PacketDirect, an experimental Windows Server data plane technology, NetAdapterCx brings an updated data path, that sits below the TCP/IP stack, with improved performance over current NDIS stack by reducing latency and cycles/packet. The new data path is built based on the polling-based IO model vs. the interrupt driven model, allowing the OS to optimize performance.
These improvements not only result in accelerated data paths and better drivers but deliver easier to build drivers. Windows developers can now focus on solving network domain specific problems while leveraging the framework for common device tasks.
But wait, what happened to NDIS? NDIS is not going away anytime soon! NetAdapter combines the productivity of WDF and the networking performance of NDIS.
Why build NetAdapter?
- Stay Consistent with WDF: Popular Demand! Yes, we heard YOU! In the past, WDF and NDIS each had advantages but did not interoperate well which meant that only a small subset of WDF features were accessible from the NDIS miniport driver . Whereas now, extending WDF, new OS kernel features are readily available to the NetAdapterCx based driver. This allows the developers to focus most of their effort on enabling their hardware to work on Windows rather than deal with OS complexities.
- A simpler driver model: WDF brings a familiar set of abstractions simplifying driver development, making it easier for non NDIS driver developers to write/maintain a NetAdapter based network driver. NDIS pushes many hard problems to the client driver such as data path synchronization, PnP and power handling. NetAdapterCx solves this by taking over the responsibility of synchronizing power and Pnp event with both data and control path IO so that individual client driver is not required to do so. In addition, NetAdapterCx also serializes input to the queues. With NDIS, the client driver runs with elevated privileges and can consequentlycause instability to the entire system, resulting in bug checks.
- By moving complexities to the OS (such as DMA mapping) and using the polling-based IO model, NetAdapter model works towards graceful handling of such scenarios, resulting in improved driver quality and reliability.
- Accelerated performance: Moving away from the legacy interrupt-driven model in NDIS, the NetAdapterCx builds on the updated data path and the polling-based IO model of PacketDirect. In the future, the polling model can be optimized for performance. NetPacket, the primary layer of abstraction in the NetAdapter data path, map directly to the NIC hardware queues. This allows Windows to intelligently and transparently scale out in a way that will make maximum use of your NIC’s hardware. Because of this direct mapping, scale out for features like Receive Side Scaling becomes more impactful.
Going forward, all NetAdapter drivers will be state separated and DCHU compliant for new, secure systems.
The following pictures show the differences between the traditional NDIS architecture and the new NetAdapter model.
Fig 2: NetAdapter Class Extension
Figure 1 above shows the traditional NDIS model. A typical NDIS miniport driver leverages NDIS for all its needs, including PnP, power, control, data and hardware interaction.
Drivers Mbb Rewards
Figure 2 above shows a new Miniport driver being a WDF client. It interacts with NDIS via the new NetAdapter Class Extension (NetAdapterCx) but only for data and control. For other needs, such as PnP, power and hardware interaction the new NetAdapter driver uses WDF interfaces.
As you can see, NetAdapterCx still works behind the scenes with NDIS, but handles all the interaction with NDIS.
What is available today?
Starting in Windows 10, version 1703, the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) includes a Network Adapter WDF Class Extension module (NetAdapterCx), for preview. Many thanks to our networking partners and the Windows developer community, without you the NetAdapterCx framework wouldn’t be as mature as it is today.
|RS2 Release, Windows 10, version 1703||Fully working preview with support for ethernet over any bus (USB, PCIe).|
|RS3 Release, Windows 10 version 1709||Advancements in Performance over RS2 Release|
|RS4 release, Windows 10, version 1803||Stabilization.|
|Upcoming RS5 release, Windows 10, version 1809||Focus on the consumer devices with the Mobile broadband(MBB) network adapters, more details below. Go here for the latest specification.|
Marching towards RS5 RTM
The goal in RS5, is to commercialize the new NetAdapter based Mobile Broadband class extension(MBBCx) and class driver. This new framework will be compatible with in-market modems that rely on the NDIS based MBB USB class driver built using MBIM specification.
We are excited to announce that this framework and class driver is shipping in RS5 insider builds for you to try! Test it out and do not forget to report issues. Help us make windows better for you!
Long road ahead of us
While we do believe NetAdapter framework is our path forward, we see NDIS 6 and NetAdapter co-existing for the foreseeable future.
After RS5 stabilization for in-market MBB modems, the NetAdapter framework is slated to expand to upcoming consumer devices with PCIe mobile broadband modems. Future focus will be on increasing coverage across other network adapter types.
Can’t wait to try?
It is critical for us to get your feedback to drive adoption, influence future design decisions and roadmap.
We have a ton of great information and resources to share with you. To that end, we invite you
- To visit our Github page and hit “follow”.
- Visit documentation at docs.microsoft.com for the Application Programming Interface [API]A set of commands, functions, and protocols which programmers can use when building software to interface with another computer system.
Computer systems to interface to may be API web services accessed across the Internet for systems such as Twitter and YouTube, or may be software systems running...More...' target='_blank'>API specification.
- Check out the video series here to dive deeper into the topics introduced in this article.
- Peruse our NetAdapter based driver samples.
- Experiment building a driver for your hardware.
- Most importantly, reach out on [email protected] with issues and questions.
We truly appreciate and look forward to your feedback and continued engagement!
Having issues with the Gigabyte motherboard drivers in your Windows 10 computer?
It does happen sometimes but you don’t have to worry as there are easy ways to fix the issue.
Through this tutorial, we will explore the ways to download and install the Gigabyte motherboard drivers for Windows 10. We will also see what role the Gigabyte motherboard drivers play in the Windows 10 computer.
Universal Solution to Download Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers (Recommended by Professionals)
You can simply install and run Bit Driver Updater on your PC to replace your old or bad Gigabyte motherboard drivers with the latest, manufacturer-recommended versions in a jiffy. You can download the Bit Driver Updater application for Free from here:
What is Gigabyte Motherboard Driver?
Gigabyte motherboard drivers act as an interface between the Windows operating system and the Motherboard of your computer.
We know that the Motherboard is an important piece of hardware because it connects all other essential parts of your computer together like the RAM, CPU, hard drives, driver software and others either directly or with the help of wires.
Therefore, it is important to keep the motherboard driver in an up-to-date state so that the system functions without crashing, freezing, or encountering any other major issues.
How to Install Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers for Windows 10?
Read the below ways to understand how to download and install as well as update the Gigabyte motherboard drivers of your computer.
1. Manual Method to Install Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers
You can utilize the manual method of downloading and installing the motherboard drivers. For this, you need to head to Gigabyte’s website to get the latest drivers of the Motherboard hardware. You can follow the below steps:
- Open the website of Gigabyte and enter the Model Number and then hit the search icon.
- Alternatively, you can also search for the motherboard driver “By Chipset” or “Socket” specification.
Drivers Mbb Drivers
- Once you have found the latest motherboard driver package, then download the .exe file and double click on the setup file to open and install it on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the steps of installation.
- Finally, restart your Windows 10 PC once to complete the installation process.
2. Automatic Method to Install Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers
You can skip the above-mentioned tedious, cumbersome, and time-taking manual method and utilize the automatic method instead. You can make use of Bit Driver Updater software which is efficient in finding and downloading the driver software of your PC. With this tool, you can also take up the task of Gigabyte motherboard drivers update.
Noteworthy features of Bit Driver Updater:
- It is enabled with one-click update feature.
- It is also enabled with the ability to optimize the performance of your system.
- Users can rely on the backup and restore drivers feature.
- You can avail round the clock technical service assistance.
- The extensive driver database offers genuine driver updates.
Steps to Install Gigabyte Motherboard Hardware Drivers:
You know now how Bit Driver Updater can help your computer remain stable and perform well. Now, let’s see how you can use this tool to download motherboard drivers.
- Install the Bit Driver Updater tool and use it to scan your PC drivers.
- Then, click the Update button to install the most recent drivers of the motherboard driver.
- Ultimately, restart your Windows system.
Read Also: How to Restore Audio (Sound) Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7?
Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers Updated
This is how you can download and install Gigabyte motherboard drivers for Windows 10 PC. Also, Gigabyte motherboard drivers update is possible with the use of the automatic method described in the above article.
It is always suggested to keep the motherboard drivers updated to prevent the computer from malfunctioning as the Motherboard pieces together all the essential components of the computer.
Drop in your suggestions or questions for us in the comments box below and follow us on social media to get the latest updates from the world of technology.